Thursday 18 January 2024

Wedgetail Ignition

 About two years ago I became concerned about the bean can on my 200k bike and rebuilt it. This was successful, but I was never really confident that I'd done it as good as new, so I purchased a Wedgetail ignition system. This includes both the sender unit (slightly flatter than the bean can) and and ignition control unit to sit under the tank and control the coil. I use a 1.5 ohm Dynacoil, not the OEM version. 

The parts arrived well wrapped but the ICU was damaged, presumably drop kicked during transit. It was replaced without delay or argument. 

It's worked faultlessly since installation. 


Replacement bean can under front engine cover

Wedgetail ICU mounted on frame tube under tank
ICU Under Tank

The systems are built in Australia, available in the USA, and have a Facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment